Five Topics For Creating A Powerful Research Paper On Violent Video Games
Public conversation about violence in society is focusing more attention on video games. Critics say that these are sources of rage, while others protest that they are completely harmless. Violent video games are a legitimate subject for research and essays on the impact these leisure pursuits may have. Very powerful and influential discussions can be presented in dissertation or term paper format. These can include the following topics.
- The Effect of Video Games on Adolescent Behavior. This can explore the influence that video games are having on young people whose hormones are extremely active. Do games promote anger or are they simply diversions to let off steam?
- Are Video Games a Violent Fantasy World? Some people who are gamers will spend hours at a time playing the games. Are these healthy diversions or is the person creating a fantasy in which he or she gets even with people who have offended?
- What Effects Do Violent Video Games Have Our Thoughts? Do violent video games desensitize us to acts of anger in our society, or do they teach skills that can be used to cope with such behavior? The research paper can be a compare and contrast project, or take one side as opposed to the other.
- The Role of Parents. Should parents take an active interest in violent video games, such as determining which ones will be allowed in the house? Should they prohibit them entirely or ignore them as a harmless hobby?
- Violence as a Dominant Feature of Video Games. Is violence taking over the video game world? Is there a concern that games of strategy are being replaced by senseless video rage?
None of the above topics are ones that can be taken lightly. A good research project is going to require looking into the literature and examining various psychological studies. Any dissertation or essay on violent video games does serve a serious purpose. The content can educate the reader on various aspects of this type of leisure entertainment. It can possibly reduce any anxiety over the games, or alert to potential dangers.
The educational value of the content must not be underestimated. Violent video games are part of the leisure industry and are very popular with a certain segment of the consumer population. Any study into these type of video games and their impact is valuable both for the industry and for society at large. The topic deserves very serious consideration.