Eleven Exciting Term Paper Ideas In Business Ethics
The main area of study in business ethics is the code of conduct that guides employees and operations of any organization on daily basis. A term paper on business ethics will majorly revolve around how decisions made affect the common folk interacting with the organization.
The tussle on the ethical or non-ethical behavior by a company may touch on employees or customers enjoying the product. Most of the decisions under the business ethics spotlight are aimed at maximizing profit for the organization.
Unique Ethical Concerns Based On Each Industry
Each business environment has its ethical concerns. This means that the issues in finance are not similar to those in insurance, tours and travel, mining or sports. Each business model exposes participants to unique ethical concerns. The list of term paper ideas in business ethics given below is cross cutting. It contains concerns from different sectors and is therefore representative of different business models.
- Should companies pay their female employees to freeze their eggs?
- Should publishers sell documentaries, manifestos and biographies written by killers?
- Fast food companies should pay more taxes to go into obesity research.
- Is the business of producing firearms ethical in the light of the many civilian deaths?
- Are the low prices during buyout in a slowing economy justified?
- The ethics of public private partnerships
- Are different standards based on localized market or state requirements ethical?
- Is corporate social responsibility a way to cover exorbitant charges?
- Are huge profits during recessions justified?
- Should companies reporting huge profits go ahead to lay-off workers?
- Should workers with families be allowed more sick and leave days than single workers?
The best idea for a term paper on business ethics should reflect the following considerations:-
- Fresh - Do not study areas or ideas that have been studies over and over. A fresh approach is required if you wish to revisit an area that has been studied multiple times.
- Creative - though you will be dealing with facts, a bit of creativity is necessary. The idea is to present your points in an interesting and captivating way. This makes your work more compelling and will easily earn you more marks.
- Precise - select and reduced or manageable area of study. This will enable you to exhaustively express your opinion and give your facts within the confines of the number of pages required for your term paper in business ethics.